Saturday 28 January 2017

Face Off: Evernote vs Google Keep (App)


Hi there! Welcome to our first contradictory post on the blog!

(Intro by Thisath) 

This started off as a review of Evernote by Yasaru. However, I didn't agree with him that Evernote is any good, because I have my dibs elsewhere, in the name of Google Keep. In my opinion it is waaay better than Evernote. But we're gonna let you decide which you like best. Here's to the battle of the notetakers! Read on!
EverNote


I'm Yasaru and this my review of Evernote.

Evernote is an app by the EverNote corporation released in 2007. The app has been on my phone for a solid 2 years after I saw it a while back as a "recommended app" on the google play store.

I got through the initiation process and was done with the app the day I installed it, never getting around to actually using it. That is until recently I found the app tucked away in a folder, so I decided to give it a try, and boy was I missing out on a lot.

The app is a master at getting me to plan out all of my work. The first few days might be tough when you don't know what you want to write, but with time you'll find out what you want to get done.

You'll manage to ask just that from the app, from planning down to what you want to complete the next day to jotting down small notes when needed, the app will always be there on your phone (silently judging your work ethic).

If you're like me (rather 'were' but eh.) and like to procrastinate about everything that is gonna get you to your goals, then Evernote is the app for you. The app isn't only meant for us, so even if you're a person who likes being organised (totally not envious of your skill to do so. and like to help sustain the your time on earth by reducing wastage of trees then Evernote is for you as well.

                              Interest Concentrated (Yasaru) rates the app: 8/10

Google Keep



Hey! I'm Thisath and this is my review of Google Keep!

First, I'm going to clear the air on why I think this is superior to EverNote. There is one reason. Google.
I'm a HUGE Google fanboy. I just like anything that works well with Google, Google makes and is Google. That was why I choose Evernote over every other app out there, and I do not regret it.

The Keep app shines because it works perfectly and incredibly simply with Google accounts.
The app itself is simple, easy and well designed. It's easy to make notes and it has all the features you'd need; archiving, reminders, lists and colour sorted notes.

It is available on multiple platforms, be it iOS, Android or Web based (just like EverNote of course). I just love how it easily syncs everything I write across all of my phones and computers, which makes it really easy to transfer texts between them.

On the face of it, it is really similar to EverNote. But what puts it across the finishing line for me, is that you only need one account and one app on all your devices and boom- you're set. Google Keep is a much more "wireless" experience than EverNote, and it's way less hassle. That's why I'm sure you need Google Keep. It is simply the best. Sorry, Yasaru.

My rating? Keep is one of my favourite apps, ever. I give it a very fair 9/10!
That minus one because I don't really like how you can't make text bold or italic, which is important to me (which Yasaru tells me Evernote has... smh). Otherwise, perfect!

Interest Concentrated (Thisath) rates this app 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment