Friday 13 January 2017

Review: AKG K451

Hello, it's Shehan aka Tyrant Beast!

Today I'm going to review something different. I'm going to review my headphones, my AKG K451!



Released at £50, you can soon understand why it won the "What Hi-Fi? Product of the Year Award" in 2012.

They're a pair of a foldable mini on-ear headphones. The earpads are super soft and just touch your earlobe, so like all on ear headphones, they aren't noise cancelling. The adjustable ear pieces are really comfortable for long listening sessions. The ear cups rotate freely and can be fit however you like!


They can also fold  in (like I suggested earlier) when you're not using them for easier transport, a very nice touch if you don't have a large bag or need a very compact pair of cans.



The headphones are also very stylish, with the contrasting black and silver plastic build. It feels pretty good in hand and is quite premium.

If you buy your very own AKG K451 headphones you get:

•Two detachable 3.5mm cables, one with an inline remote control and microphone and one without.
•A 3.5 to 6.3mm converter
•A carrying case

The headphones are able to reach from 11Hz to 29.5kHz so it has amazing bass and treble. Weighing in at 120g, its also very light. The headphones are specifically engineered for portable devices, but that doesn't stop you from using it at home full time, like I do!

Overall it's a great add on for any commuter.  I myself found it very relieving to upgrade from my old Philips headphones (which were really, really bad, trust me on this one) to these AKGs. I would highly recommend it!

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out our tech reviews by clicking the Reviews and Technology labels.

Note: I recently purchased a new phone (which I will make a review of very soon). I will be able to write more often, so expect to see more of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment